Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

Tim McGraw Sings Me Into Summer

First I just need to say the most obvious thing there is to say about Tim McGraw; that man has got it going on!  Seriously, he is in shape.  Not only do I know it, my friends know it, the world knows it, Faith Hill knows it, and Tim McGraw knows it.












Tim making sure you know he is hot!


I was really looking forward to this concert because it marked the beginning of summer for me.  The school year just ended on Friday and my first official act of summer was to sing the night away with three of my lovely teacher friends.  (Completely unrelated but the words "teacher friends" somehow makes me think of "sister wives." Some of us might be sister wives if Thor ever came around and wanted both of us.)












My Teacher friends not sister wives.


The concert was at the San Manuel Amphitheater in San Bernidino.  I had never been there, but I have to say it was the easiest concert venue I had ever driven to.  It was only 30 minutes away, free parking, and we did not have to wait for an hour to leave the venue.  It was a win win win.



The night was really fun and a great way to usher in summer.  In terms of music Tim had Love and Theft and Brantley Gilbert open for him.



Not gonna lie I was not really into Brantley.  I was under the impression that he thought he was really tough.  He even invented a new catch phrase "Stomp your ass."  I am pretty sure the old stand by of "kick your ass" is more intimidating.  How would one go about stomping another persons booty anyway?  Would the victim need to be laying on the ground on their belly for hte butt stomping to happen.  It sounds like a very specific situation that one does not find themselves in often.  Sorry BG but I just didn't follow.




I did like the radio hits he sang like "You Don't Know Her Like I Do." Stick to songs like that and not your tough guy persona and I will like you.  But I understand I am just one fan and you have to do what is right for you.




Love and Theft was good. I didn't know their music very well but they were fun and I liked when they sang "Angel Eyes" and a song about girls being hot in trucks.
















See Brantley is so tough, even his backdrop is intimidating.



When the openers were done it was time for Tim and he was great.  I will say his voice sounded a little strange in the first few songs to me, but it was better in the middle and the last 8 songs were just great.  I loved seeing Tim just because I know all his songs.  Overall it was a fun concert.  I was able to spend more time with some great coworkers, sing my heart out, and do enough redneck people watching to write 27 blog posts if I so choose.



The strangest part of the night involved my hearing loss. I have never felt so deafened after a concert.  I am not sure if I am old or if the sound was really really really loud, but I still can not hear properly out of my left ear.  I am hoping that sleep tonight will clear that up or my reverse aging pills if they are needed.



I really liked two things that Tim did in the concert.  Part of the money for the tickets went to giving a wounded solider a home that is mortgage free for the rest of his life.  How cool is that.  Whatever your stance on war and the army I think we can agree that that is a really stand up thing that this concert is doing.  I wish more artists would do good things with part of the profits from their concerts.



The other thing I loved was how much Tim loved what he was doing.  He mentioned it at least 3 times and at the end of every song he just looked so happy to be there singing his hits for thousands of people.  I know it is easy to think; Well his job is so easy. He just has to sing and make people happy and I agree with that.  However, I was just reminded to find joy in my work and let others know about that joy as it might inspire others.












The Amphitheater was pretty cool.

 









This picture was taken by the drunk lady behind us.  I am glad I got a picture and that she did not throw up on me later in the night.













We are always pretty, even when waiting in line for the ladies room.



I hope you are having a great start to your summer and if you are in an office working all summer crank up the Tim McGraw, it always puts me in a good mood.



              



1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome that part of the ticket sales went to a solider's family. Sounds like a great concert!

    ReplyDelete