Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

Not Necessarily, But Yes - Maui

Alright here is my last post about Hawaii, until I go there again in the future.  

After we stayed in Oahu - which you can read about here - we made our way over to Maui for a little over a week.  we stayed at a Condo, timeshare, deal called Maui Hill.  I would absolutely recommend condo life when you travel.  Having separate bedrooms, a living room and a kitchen make traveling that much better. 



One major city you have to visit in Maui is Lahaina.  It is a lovely town with great eating, shopping, and history.  

The banyan tree in Lahaina.


One of my favorite things about Maui was the food.  My favorite place to eat was Coconut's Fish Cafe. I do have have any picture of it because I forgot.  When your food comes out all you want to do is eat it.  Taking a picture would just be a waste of time. 

We also found some amazing places for dessert.  Some of my favs were Hula Cookie and Ice Cream and Aloha Ice Cream.


The only tour I took while I was there was the trip to the Road to Hana.  I had heard about this trip for years and it was worth taking.  It was a day full of beautiful scenes and random stories from our bus driver, Roy.  He was an old Hawaiian and told us all the stories of creation that the Hawaiians believed in.  It was interesting.  I love a good orign myth and I found the trip beautiful and fun. 

One of the stops on the Road to Hana. 



Black sand beach on the journey. 
The title of this blog comes from a bus driver on the road to Hana.  He was telling us about the local plants and he mentioned one called the angel's trumpet.  He said that it is called that because if you eat the flower you will be playing the trumpet with the angels.  Someone asked if you would die if you put one in your mouth.  Roy's response, "Not necessarily, but yes."


Angel's trumpet flower. 


280 foot waterfall. 



While i was there I would take a walk every night from my condo to walk to the beach and watch the sunset.  Not a bad way to spend an evening. 


On our last night in Maui, my mom and I also went on a "romantic" dinner cruise.  I just called it romantic because the advertisement only had couples on it.  It was a fun little journey and we had a lovely sunset. 



Sunset on a boat. 



Clearly while you are there you have to eat a little bit of the local flavor.  These were my favorite chocolates on the island.  Who wouldn't want a Hello Kitty or Lilo and Stich candy box. 



love! Erica

Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. Um, that ice cream looks delish!! Looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some seriously great sunsets. What a fun vacation!

    ReplyDelete