Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Bachelorette Link Up #5

Well my friends I am back to reality.  I was in Hawaii for two weeks and I am happy to report that I was not burglarized.  Either that or they read my blog yesterday and returned everything.  Either way I am happy. You can read my good bye to Hawaii here.

One thing that I am happy to be back to was another episode of The Bachelorette.  So without further adu here is my recap of this weeks Bachelorette episode.


I have not been a fan of the fairytale spin the producers have given the series this year.  In case you missed it I break it down in my first episode recap.   Welp this week it took less than 30 seconds and we get the f word - fairytale.  Ugh.  I am just going to move on to the dates.

Chris Who?

First I have to say, who in the world is Chris? Maybe he was a big deal in the episode I missed this year.  But I just have no clue who this guy is.  Their date was alright.  Walking around Munich trying to speak German.

I think I am cuter than anyone on the show, so here is a picture of me when I was in Munich in 2010. 
Then Bryden just had to find Des and dump her that day.  Sorry but that was kind of funny.  It was clear he just wanted a free trip to Germany and was not interested in her anymore.  Way to go Bry.

My favorite part of the date was when Bryden was talking to Des and Chris was left with the pigeons.  the editing is just so funny.

Chris with his pigeon friends. 
Also on this date the seasons private concert count has risen to 4.  I am pretty sure that that is more than any of the seasons put together.  Way to go!

Best Metaphor 

The Bachelorette is usually really great at giving the world terrible metaphors to use in life.  My favorite came from Zak W. As the guys and Des were sledding down a mountain he became reflective and decided that love is like sledding down a mountain.  I am not sure how he made the connection but more power to you.



I also loved Zak's confession that he was going to be a priest back in the day, but decided that it wasn't for him.  Maybe his former priestly ambitions are what made me like him instinctively.  He reminds me of my Biblical Studies friends from college.

The Couple that Dresses Alike

My favorite part of the show was how much the men started to resemble each other.  It has been said that couples start to resemble one another as their relationship progresses and these men are proving that to be true.

Look how cute they are in their Target hoodies!


They also captured the RayBan-Parka look perfectly. 






Juan Pablo

I just need to say what no one else is saying.  Why hasn't Des just run away with Juan Paulo?  I am not sure why I have not noticed him really before.  Maybe because the non-white guys are usually the first to go and I try not to get too attached.  But this former professional soccer player is cute!   We all know that these relationships never work out anyway so why not choose the hottie you will dump in a few months anyway.



Juan Paulo, even if you call yodeling, juggling,  I wouldn't care.

Brooks Will Win

I am pretty sure that ice caves are the new hot tubs.  It worked for Sean and Catherine and I am calling it now it worked for Brooks and Des.

Boo Ben

Last I just want to say that I am glad Boooo Ben is gone.  I totally knew he was a weirdo from the beginning.  As a Christian I hate it when people use the "Christian Card" as a reason why they are so great, moral, better than someone else.  And Ben used it like it was going out of style.  During his interview I think his true colors showed when he said he didn't know who they would choose as the next bachelor now, and he just wanted to get drunk and go out with girls.  Great witness brother.

Favorite Awkward Moments


As I was watching the show there were a couple of awkward moments that had nothing to do with the date.  I will end with these and wish you all well on your Tuesday.


While zooming in on the rose all I could see was pretzels! 

I love the random person taking pictures of strangers in bathrobes.  Total Creeper.


love! Erica


Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. oh yah me too chris who?? and bryden really fly all the way to germany just to tell her you are going home? i love the ray ban commentary, ray ban must have supplied them with new sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed that creeper too!! lol. I agree, stop with the f-word! So glad Ben is gone! If you have to tell people over and over how you are such a _____fill in the blank____ it is because they can't tell by looking at you(therefore, it ain't so!). I am appreciating the James drama that appears to be starting though :) Great recap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank Meg! Seriously about Bryden, glad he is gone :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great recap! I think you're onto something with the ice caves ;) Team Brooks!

    Laura @ The Merger Journal
    themergerjournal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zak W is an idiot. Right when I heard his metaphor, I wanted to slap him. GET OUT OF HERE DUMMY!
    It's ALL about Juan Pablo...obviously, I dedicated my recap post to him. I hope he makes it to the end!
    And I totally noticed that guy taking creeper pictures too! SO WEIRD.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I missed that metaphor with Zac W. I want to get to know him a little better though! He threw me off guard with the priest comment!
    It was really terrible of Ben to spout off at the end--poor Christian witness, you're right.
    I love the pictures you got of them in their hoodies and parkas. I think they all dress the same because they're not supposed to have any logos or writing on their clothes, so ABC just dresses them all :)

    www.floralandfudge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete