Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happiness

Have you read Gretchen Rubin's book The Happiness Project yet?  if not do yourself and myself a favor and go get a copy and work on being happier. Honestly, this book has impacted me more than any other book I have read in the last three years. 



I just finished the book and it is chalk full of useful practices, quotes, and encouragements. I have already started to practice so of the happiness project such as keeping a resolution chart and I have been Impressed with the overall quality it has added to my life. 

I will be sharing more as the summer goes on. But for today I just wanted to share a quote that has been on my mind the last week or so, "It is easy to be heavy, hard to be light."

This quite is not about the dreaded lbs, although it could apply there. It is about the way we approach life. It is easy to be cynical, jaded, critical, unhappy. It is hard to be lighthearted, joyful, content, happy. 

As I look at my life I would have to say this is absolutely true. I can be good at judging others, criticizing movies, books, other, and I can be cynical sometimes. It is so easy. I have to put no effort into being negative. Positivity on the other hand takes some work. 

I have to bite my tongue, let so,done else speak, find a good quality in something/someone I do not like. But when I take the effort to hope, praise, rejoice I am happier and those around me are too. There is much to be said about people being happy around happy people. 

So for tonight I will just say I am practicing being lighter and that at times it is the harder choice, but it is the one I want to make. 

If you want more information on The Happiness Project you can visit the website at http://www.happiness-project.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment