Pages

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Why You Want To Leave Me?

Does anyone else just love My Big Fat Greek Wedding?  One of my favorite parts was when Tula wanted to get married and her father's response was, "Why you want to leave me."

I feel like Hawaii is saying this to me in the same sad, pathetic way Tula's father did.  "Why you want to leave me, Erica."

The truth Hawaii?  I don't want to leave you!  I never want to leave you!  What kind of a crazy person would want to leave you?  



More truth, Hawaii?  My bank account can no longer afford you, my waistline can not handle my resolution of "eat dessert everyday," and my mom can no longer handle my desire to walk 5 miles everyday. 



I know, I know, those are all fixable. Hawaii, if you could find a job for me here either in school counseling or professional writing I would stay. But for now, we must say good bye. 

No please don't cry!  I will be back I promise. And if it is any consolation it's not you, it's me. 

Thanks for all the laughs, all the food, all the beaches, all the surfers, all the uv rays, all the sunsets, all the joy. All this nothing has meant more to me than so many somethings (oh wait that was You've Got Mail.)

This is where we must say, "see you soon."  



Aloha! Erica 

PS - while I was here I saw a Dateline, or 20/20, or To Catch a Preditor episode that told you not to say you went on vacation via social media. Apparently, it is an open invitation to be robbed. So, if you robbed me I will be home today. Please return my things. 

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha, that last statement. Hilarious. And man. I want to go to Hawaii now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish Hawaii wasn't so dang expensive to live there, because I would move in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete