Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Throwback Thursday - Throwback Birthday

This week's throwback Thursday comes with the theme of throwback birthday.



This week it was very easy for me to choose which birthday to talk about.  Before I do I think you need a little background on al things Erica's birthday.  First, my birthday is very close to Halloween.  Growing up we always had costume parties.  It was fun for 10 years then I got over it and was grumpy.  The end of the costume party.... until I was fourteen.  Second, The cake had to be ice cream and there had to be hearts on it.

8th Bday costume and slumber party in one.  I think this was when we were watching Jurassic Park. 

Ice cream cake with hearts, my style. 
One of the parties that was the most memorable for me was a joint party with my dear friend, Bernadette.  I am happy that we are still friends to this day.  The party just united us even more. 

Berna and I the summer before our epic party.



Two years ago at our childhood friend, Amanda's, Bridal shower.

Our birthdays are 20 days apart and we decided to throw a big party together.  She was 15, I was 14.  in keeping with the costume party theme of my youth we thought it would be fun to throw a decades party.  People could come dressed in outfits from their favorite decade.  Super cool right? Even cooler... It was a dance party... at  my house!


Our awesome party invitation, we were so creative. 

The house I grew up in was amazing.  It was on a huge hill and overlooked the forrest.  It was two stories but half of the top story was open.  You could look down stairs from upstairs. It was the perfect party house.  We even "hired" a friend's brother to be the dj which was a little funny because he only knew songs by the Beastie Boys.

There was a wide variety of people at the party; church friends, drama class friends, other friends, it made for some interesting drama.  My favorite was two friends who came together on a date.  No one knew they were dating and it was all anyone could talk about.  Me?  Well I wore my red party dress from the 80s I guess and danced the night away.

Dragging a friend on the dance floor. 

Take from the second story, party on friends. 
I loved this party and still have great memories of it today.   Thanks Bon for this great link up.





Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments: