Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Oahu - The Gathering Place

I have been back from vacation for two days and I already miss it.  I was starting to take my time in Hawaii for granted.  Oh there will always be a beach right out side my room.  I can go for an evening stroll and watch the sun set over the ocean any time.  I can eat Hawaiian treats any day.  

Well it all ended and I want to go back.  I reckon getting this post and the one on Maui ready have not been helpful in the mourning process.  

While in Hawaii my mom and I stayed on two islands.  We started in Oahu and stayed at  the Waikiki and them moved over to Maui. Below are my favorite photos and experiences from Oahu.

First up at some pics by my hotel. We stayed at the Ashton on the Beach in Waikiki.  It was nice and I would stay there again. 
Typical day, beautiful scenery, laying by the pool, enjoying some island tunes. 

Poolside sunset 

Next up we went to a luau.  We went to one called Germaine's Luau.   It was in a beautiful location overlooking the ocean. The entertainment was great and fun.  I would reccommend this to anyone looking for a good luau in Oahu.




At the luau, so pretty. 
 Next up a day at Sea Life Park.  I really love sea life and I was really excited to swim with the dolphins.  Well stand on a platform and let them kiss me.

I will say that Sea World should have a view of the ocean as you watch the shows. 




Our last day in Oahu we sent to the Arizona Memorial site.  It was really touching to see the memorial and the museums about the attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941.  It is worth going to see.  It is good to mix history with vacation whenever you can. 


That same day we went to the The Polynesian Cultural Center. I have to say that this place was incredible and totally blew me away.  You have to go here if you go to Hawaii.

The Center is run by BYU Hawaii.  The students run tours of all the islands that are considered Polynesian.  They range from Tonga, Samoa, Tahiti and Hawaii.

Three words I would have never put together: Mormon, Polynesian, Entertainment.  I am not kidding you  they had this tour thing down.  I am convinced if Mitt Romney flew over enough swing voters he would have won the election.  Well that might backfire considering Obama is from Hawaii, but it could have worked. (I honestly have no opinion on politics)

Momma and me at the PCC

Plus they have delish shave ice. 


love! Erica

Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. wow! your poolside and oceanside photos are gorgeous! I am envious--I don't know when I'll ever get out to see Hawaii for myself :)

    www.floralandfudge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! You gotta go if you get the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh...I miss shave ice so much.
    I went to the same luau like 7 or 8 years ago! It was so much fun.
    Man, I want to live in Hawaii so bad.

    ReplyDelete