Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

12 Things I Am Afraid To Tell You About Penny: Listed Tuesday

I feel I need to warn you that this post may not be as funny as I think it is right now.  I have been awake since 3:30 am and the time is now 9 pm.  I am funning on caffeine fumes, peanut butter cookies, and crystal meth.  In case you missed my announcement earlier today crystal meth is my pet name for Chipotle.

I actually went to bed and then had  like 11 million ideas and got back up to write this post.  Today I decided to go the more vulnerable route and share 12 things I am afraid to tell you… About my dog, Penny.

12 Things I am Afraid to Tell you

 

1. Penny is afraid of some people.  She actually will get out of her collar and run away if she gets a bad vibe from another person. This only happened once, so pretty much she met Hitler.

2. Penny is a beardist.  Again I cannot believe I am telling you this but Penny hates people with beards.  She does not discriminate either, man or woman, black or white, you got a beard she has a problem.

3. Penny has eaten two pairs of reading glasses.  I can't even handle this one right now. My glasses are so expensive it is not funny. She found both my regular pair and back up pair and destroyed them. So far new pari is holding up just fine. You can read about Penny The Punisher here.

4. Actually, Penny will eat anything and everything.  I have to leave my laundry basked on my night stand so she can not get another pair of underwear or socks.  I am running out of essentials!

5. She likes to bark at hot guys who are not wearing shirts as they run by our house or car.  It has become a problem inasmuch as they never even give her a second look. You would think her self esteem would be low, but she is surprisingly resilient and just keeps going.

6. She is most afraid of her own reflection.  On a walk around the neighborhood she will want run away if she catches a glimpse of herself in a neighbor's newly waxed car.  The mirror in my bedroom is aways a place of constant angst as she looks at her reflection and tries to pick a fight with the other dog she sees.

7. Homegirl can poop. I actually think you guys already knew this one.

Penny The Puppy

8. Penny HAS to be the center of attention for the whole world.  If she is hungry or needs to poop (See #7) no on in the world will be able to do anything until her needs are met. She also created her own Instagram.  I guess you can follow her if you dare @penny_grams

Penny Grams

9. Penny has strange sleeping habits.  She sleeps under my bed until about 1am and then jumps on my bed and sleeps on my hair for the rest of the night.

10. She is the least helpful blog assistant ever. At this very moment she is biting my hand so I will pet her.  Shesh she is so selfish. Doesn't she know I am writing about her?

11. Ever since I compared her to Matthew McConaughey, here, she has been unbearable.  Demanding home cooked dinners, threatening to pee on my new rug, and wanting me to hold her donut rawhide so she can chew it at an elevated level.

12. She is one spoiled puppy.  Her days consist of laying around on the couch watching Harry Potter.  When she is hungry she walks around the house with her empty plate as a way of telling us she would like some more.  She knows what she wants and she knows how to get it.

20140429-074906.jpg

 

Penny The Puppy

Whew that was a load off.  I am so glad i was finally able to open my heart and share theses things about Penny with you.  I can go on with my day feeling lighter and free.
Erica Jacquline

Please join me for Listed Tuesday and make sure to check off each item on the list below:
- Follow Erica Jacquline on Bloglovin (It is only polite)
- Write a post about anything you want that includes a list of sorts
- Add the Listed Button to your post
- Come by Erica Jacquline on Tuesdays and add your link
- Read other posts, comment, and make new friends
- Shower, rinse, repeat each week





32 comments:

  1. dying laughing over here. Oooj can especially relate to #1 and #9. Before I met X and was dating, whenever I'd tell my mom about my date, the very first thing was always "How did Oooj react to him? Did Oooj like him?" It's like- yeah, mom. Because that's the most important thing here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you seriously take a picture of Penny pooping? LOL you're silly! I almost think I should have gotten a female dog so that I could have taught her to bark at hotties.. WHAT WAS I THINKING???

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha oh man, dogs. i am glad you are lighter and free.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god, this cracked me up. Dogs are completely hilarious. But my dog is the complete opposite of beardist... if you have a beard, she will lick you uncontrollably. She will honestly lick my fiance for hours if he didn't stop her, it's so weird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha. Penny sounds like a real peach. Good thing she is a cutie, otherwise life would be rough!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you should probably let her run after the guys without shirts and then have to go get her and bump into them on accident!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Penny keeps life interesting!! That's too cute. My Josie loves a good pair of glasses mad hates men. The puppy is better behaved. Last night my husband found Josie sitting on a table I'm our back yard (fenced, thank goodness) chewing on a pair of my underwear that she stole out of a laundry basket!
    Does Penny have a favorite Harry Potter? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha I love this list! I can definitely relate to some of those and I love how you wrote them :) #5 is especially my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw. Yes it is a true test of a person's character to see if the dog likes the man. Penny pretty much loves everyone so if she doesn't like you there is a huge problem

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so funny! Maybe he has some food crumbs in there or something :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you It was hard keeping all that inside.

    ReplyDelete
  12. yep, she still is so cute even when she poops I had to do it. Too bad the hotties aren't having it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That has happened. They are less than amused and it never ends up in a whirlwind romance, for her or for me. whomp whomp

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is true. She gets away with everything because she is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oy! Dogs and undies, I tell you! Penny seems particularly drawn to the last one, I guess she likes resolution and creepy faces!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Right? I would trade in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  17. haha! #5 would be my fav too, except when they give me a death stare back.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm sure he probably does. Anytime one of our friends is over that has a beard, she does the same thing. I guess she likes the feeling on her tongue? She's a weirdo, that's all I know ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm glad my Camie doesn't eat everything. I know a girl whose dog used to go in her trash can and eat her maxi pads. Thats sick!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lol too funny, i kinda feel bad my poor dog must feel neglected..he def isnt spoiled not with 3 little boys running around

    ReplyDelete
  21. At least she has good taste in movies. I want to sit and watch Harry Potter all day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Rigby also has an affinity for sock stealing, though he's not a beardist - he actually like beardy men, which is good since my SO is one of them! ;) Penny sounds like a keeper for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  23. […] yesterday Erica took to her blog and decided to share 12 Things She Is Afraid To Tell You About Me and after learning how to read last night I read her post and I was outraged!  I felt like I […]

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is gross! Penny has tried to go for those too. I got wise though and bought trash cans with lids.

    ReplyDelete
  25. She is I like her. Maybe beards look like bears or something. Dogs either feel a kinship or are terrified :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh I am sure he gets lots of attention though. Penny just lives a very comfy single girl life ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. She's adorable. Mine use to eat my glasses too!!! And remote controls! Crazy pup! Nylabones saved me and my furniture.

    http://likelovelearn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. […] 2 Posts You Need To Read: 1) You Asked, I Instagramed. 2) 12 Things I’m Afraid To Tell You About Penny. […]

    ReplyDelete