Pages

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Love Woke Me Up This Morning

Good morning blog readers.  I hope you are all having a leisurely Saturday.  Penny and I are still in bed.  Apparently she isn't a fan of waking up at 6 am either.

I am so excited to introduce you to a lovely blogger Emmy, from Love Woke Me Up This Morning.  I love reading her blog and connect with her writing often. She is a former youth pastor (me too) living in Chicago (me too, wait no) with her adorable dog Bandit!  Why don't I just let her tell you about who she is?

Love Woke Me Up

1. Tell us about your blog! 

I never know how to describe my blog! It's a little bit of everything. Books, my dog, movies, TV, thoughts about friendship and family and faith. It's where I process what's going through my head. I want my blog to be a place of love and where people can go to laugh, think of something they haven't before, feel free to be themselves, and share the love!

2. Tell us about your dog!

My dog is named Bandit. He is a papillion/chihuahua mix. (A chion I've been told.) I've had him for about four years now and he's a rescue dog. He is the friendliest little guy you'll ever meet! He thinks he's really tough, but once you start to pet him he's your best friend for life. His favorite thing is to curl up on the couch while watching some TV and getting a belly rub.

Love Woke Me UP

3. How did you and Bandit meet?  Everyone loves a good cute meet. 

I have to admit- I love Bandit's story. For a long time I had been thinking about getting a dog, and one night my older sister was browsing around Petfinder.com and came across the most amazing story. She showed it to me and I immediately fell in love! Bandit was about a year and a half old and was in an animal shelter about an hour away from us. The owner of the shelter had gotten a phone call from a dog owner saying she needed the owner to come save her dogs. She drove over there (it was the middle of January!) to find the woman who had called her ran a meth lab and there were two small dogs (one of them was Bandit) living outside in cardboard boxes in this woman's backyard. They were covered in fleas and had hardly any food. She took care of them for two weeks to get them back to health. Then, after much convincing, she was able to take Bandit back to the shelter. (Unfortunately, she wasn't able to take the other dog. It still breaks my heart!) Once there, she could really take care of Bandit and get him back in shape and give him all of the necessary shots and everything for him to be adopted.. From the moment he arrived at the shelter, he was a favorite! Before long he was running around with the big dogs like he was as large as they were! When I read this story, I knew I had to have him. I emailed the shelter right away. A couple days, some character references, and an hour long drive in slippery snowy weather later, my sister and I arrived at an animal shelter which was run out of the woman's home. There were even horses there to greet us at the driveway! I feel in love once I saw Bandit, and he came home with us that afternoon.

And the rest, as they say, is history.

4. Describe your perfect day with your dog. 

My perfect day with my dog would be a sunny fall day. We'd take a walk at a local park with some friends, sit outside at Starbucks, then head home to cuddle on the couch with some Netflix. Bandit and I are pretty chill!

5. How does your dog factor into your blog?

Bandit is like my little sidekick. I joke around on the blog that if I were a Disney character, he'd be the animal sidekick the audience would fall in love with. I even talk to him the way Kristof talks with Sven in Frozen! On the blog, he's kind of just always there hanging out.

6. What is something weird, strange, or enduring that Bandit does that makes you laugh?

Bandit actually caught his tail once. It was pretty awesome. He also loves to play with big dogs, but sometimes they're scared of him. The first year I had him we lived in a duplex and my neighbors had a 6 month old Rottweiler. Everyday this dog would bark at Bandit and it drove EVERYONE nuts! Then, one day when we listened very carefully, we realized it was a scared bark. The big Rottweiler was scared of little 5lb Bandit! But Bandit has no idea he's that little. One of his best dog friends was a black lab.

Love Woke Me Up

If Bandit has his own blog what would it be called? 

If I had a blog just for Bandit... I think I would go with a quote from Up for the blog title. "I Hid Under the Porch Because I Love You!" Whenever I watch that movie I'm just like "that's Bandit!"

Go on over to Emmy's blog and say hello! You can also follower Love Woke Me Up This Morning on  bloglovintwitter, and Facebook.

2 comments:

  1. Sold! I see a lot of dog talk here and I love me some dog talk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emmy is a real treat! Totally happy if you follow her!

    ReplyDelete