Pages

Friday, April 4, 2014

hello, rigby!

Greetings from Vegas!  I am excited to turn the blog over to Jenn from hello, rigby! I know you all will lover her and her adorable dog Rigby!  I am telling you this girl was made for this post, her blog is named after her dog!  And now I will let her take it away.

1. Tell us about your blog: What do you like to write about? What do you hope people walk away from your blog with?

hello, rigby! is my little corner of the internet where I share my personal style and crazy-dog-lady tendencies (I mean, I even named my blog after my dog, crazy right?) You'll also find my thoughts on some of my other favorite things in the world, like books, beauty, and the latest in fashion. I hope that people will be able to relate to some of the things I write about, learn a thing or two, then leave me some food for thought too! I'd love to have you join me in my everyday adventures! :)

hellorigby-jenn-photo

2. Give us a brief intro on your dog.

Rigby is a 1.5 year old Shiba Inu. He's pretty adorable, but that's what prevents us from killing him! I love him, but he has some serious only child syndrome.

3. How did you and your dog meet? Who doesn't love a good meet cute story?

I had wanted a dog for years. I grew up with cats and was never allowed to have a dog. When I finally graduated from college, it was basically the first thing I wanted. It didn't happen for a few years though because I moved in with my boyfriend who had a senior dog who was extremely dog reactive. We found out she had cancer in February 2012, and we had to let her go not long after.

I had dreamed of owning a Shiba Inu for about 5 years. I searched all of the animal rescues in the area, then in surrounding states, then nationwide. I finally found a puppy in Wisconsin, and was willing to travel there to get him if they thought it would be a good fit. Turned out that they gave first choice to a local family (totally understandable!) and I was disappointed. I trolled Craigslist for owner surrenders for a few weeks, but also started sending out emails to reputable breeders. A couple of days later, Rigby's breeder sent me an email letting me know she had a 14 week old puppy with a bite that prevented him from being shown. She attached a picture and I about died. He was so cute! We went and met him that weekend, and the rest is history.

hellorigby-jenn-rigby-photo

 4. Describe your perfect day with your dog.

The perfect day with Rigby would be exactly the opposite of what he would want - he would be calm, mild mannered, and polite. Instead of waking me up, I would wake him up. Instead of yelling at me for breakfast, he would cook me breakfast! And most of all, he would tolerate and even enjoy some cuddle time on the couch! A girl can dream right?

5. How does your dog factor into your blog?

Rigby has become a huge part of my life, so he infiltrates quite a few of my posts. A good example would be when my mom nearly killed him and I posted about it (http://hellorigby.com/that-time-my-mom-tried-to-kill-my-dog-other-fml-moments-this-week/). My Instagram feed is basically all dog photos too. I mean, I named my blog after him, he's basically taken over my world!

hellorigby-rigby-photo

 6. What is the funniest/worst/confusing thing you have ever seen your dog do?

We have a lot of SMH moments with him. Mostly they relate to the things he pees on. Like the other day, I dropped him off at daycare and watched him run into the yard with the other dogs and pee in the water dish! Boy dogs are... fun. ;)

7. What would you name a blog that only featured your dog?

"It's all about me!"

Please go visit Jenn and Rigby on Bloglovin - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest!

7 comments:

  1. I don't know which of you is cuter, Jenn or the dog. I'm leaning towards Jenn, but then, I'm a cat person. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, thank you for the kind words! you'd probably like Rigby then, Shibas are described as "cat-dogs"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much for having us, Erica! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My boy beagles regularly poops on the carpet RIGHT AFTER I take him outside. That damned steam cleaner has gotten SO much action the past few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree they are both so stinking adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dog does that too. or right after I have cleaned my floor. I swear she is out to get me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing Rigby with us, what a cutie! both of you :)

    ReplyDelete