Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Sage Advice For All 21 Year Olds

Today I am heading out to Vegas to celebrate this girl's 21st Birthday and my buddy from Jus Try It Justina! 

20140403-211447.jpg

While we were at dinner this week we all read some pretty real advice for Taylor on her birthday. Things like "Keep your gas tank at least half full all the time.  You never know when you will have to make a run for it." - Your Dad

This sage advice got me thinking that there is a lot I have learned in my 21 + a few years and I have some amazing friends who also have some advice for those embarking on their 21st year of life.  So below is my and my great friends advice for turing 21.

“Always land on your feet “ - The cat

“Dating a man with a civil war beard has pros and cons. Pro, you might find some extra food in the beard when you kiss.  Con, finding extra food in someone else’s beard is disgusting.” – Your Dad's Beard

“If I bite you it is because I am hungry, or thirsty, or have to poop, or want you to play.  Learn the difference in each of these bites and you will have a happy life.” – Penny The Puppy

“Never trust a person that asks you if Abraham Lincoln was a homosexual atheist.” – Abraham Lincoln

“’Your mom!’ is a classic saying you should use often, never let the haters tell you otherwise.” – The inventor of the your momma joke

“Always carry at least $20 in cash.  You never know when you are going to need to get a taxi, pay for a diet coke, or need a pedicure.” – Cher from Clueless

“Start a blog.” – Erica

“Never trust a person who criticizes everyone around them.” – Judge Judy

“Always make time to throw a tennis ball.” – India The Dog

“Showers are overrated: at most take one every week.” – Smooch McGee (Taylor's 14 year old brother)

“Retire like five times and then come back.  Everyone will be so grateful you stayed another year they will treat you like royalty.” – Teemu Selanne

“Life is all about choices: have children or sleep in on Saturday morning?  You have been warned.” - Those with children

“Keep your basic math skills.  Leaving a tip at a restaurant is harder than you think.” – Your Aunt

“Just do it!” – Nike

“Choosing an instagram filter will take more of your life than you ever thought possible.  Pick wisely.” – Walden filter

“Stop worrying what you future will hold, it will get here and you will wish you were 21 again.” – Every former 21 year old ever

“Remember me when you drink.” – Your currently functioning liver

“Smoking at this point in human history is just plain dumb.” – An electronic cigarette

“Never turn down an opportunity to jump into a body of water.” – Mermaids

“Always choose people over work.” – Erica

What advice would you add to this list I will be checking and sharing with the birthday girl though out the weekend.

PS - robbers, I know I told the internet I am in Vegas, but there are still people in my house, stay away from my house.

22 comments:

  1. Well this was perfect timing now I have all the advice I could ever need for my 21st birthday on Monday, look at you, you mind reader! But really, this is the best advice ever and sometimes when I tip, I have to use my calculator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always wear spandex under your skirt, especially if somebody has a camera!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always carry your camera! You don't want those memories to go by with no way to look back and laugh at yourselves. Also, TRAVEL OFTEN. Make travel more of a priority than that new bag/shoes/ etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. bahahaha the quote from your dad about the beard. i will die.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! I'm taking my little sister to Vegas for her 21st birthday next month and I am so nervous for her, haha. I love the advice from "your currently functioning liver" !

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I would also add "Don't carry $1 bills for the vending machine" - Your Slowing Metabolism

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, this advice is awesome! hope you have a fabulous trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. couldn't have said it better myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahaha! Happy Birthday! I hope it is a great one :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! I had fun reading these to her all weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Word. I hate my slowing metabolism!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is sound advice. I said it when she ordered her first drink of the weekend. It was a pretty tame celebration considering where we were.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you! it was great. Too fast but nice to get away!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was so fun, and relaxing too. It was hard to go back to work

    ReplyDelete
  15. […] I mentioned in my post providing some great advice for 21 year olds, we went to Vegas to celebrate my friend’s niece’s birthday!  In order to make sure […]

    ReplyDelete
  16. I TOTALLY chose people over work this weekend and that was the best decision ever. My advice: Don't eat the yellow snow. It's not a lemonade slushie.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My sister is turning 21 soon and I simply have to send this link over to her. 21st birthdays in Vegas are certainly an adventure, I hope you had fun!

    ReplyDelete