Pages

Friday, May 3, 2013

Friday Faves - May 3

We made it through another week!  My week was great considering I only had work 4 days this week and last night I went to the second game of the first round of NHL playoffs.  It was such an exciting game for five minutes.

The Ducks were down 4-1 and only had about 10 minutes left in the game.  To be honest I gave up hope.  Then they scored 3 goals in five minutes.  The game went to overtime.  Then within two minutes it was over and the Ducks lost 5-4.  We will get em' next game.  Let's Go Ducks!

Honda Center from the very top row.

The few moments I had hope for a victory.


Moving on from the Ducks' loss.
This week some of my favorite things are coming to you from Stagecoach.

First up for Friday Faves is Zac Brown Band.  I have always like ZBB, but after seeing them preform live I have a whole new appreciation for them.  These guys are so insanely talented. I would see them in concert many, many times.



The $5 bottle of Powerade I bought at Stagecoach.  This might seem silly, but while I was wasting away in the desert heat, I swear it was the most amazing thing that has ever passed my lips.  As I was drinking my red Powerade I thought I should give it a shout out here for keeping me cool and hydrated.  Powerade, you saved my life. 


Chipotle giving away burritos will always make a Friday Faves list!  Next Tuesday take your teacher ID and get a free burrito when you buy another one.



This week was so fun in my Senior English classes.  My students had to make a video that was selling a product that society does not need. The topic was satire based on Oscar Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest.  Some of them missed the satire part, but overall it was just good fun.  Below are my favorite two videos.

These videos are cute, but may be less cute if you haven't taught these kids for two years.  Just a note they are all International students from Asia and yes sometimes it is hard to understand them, but who cares they are cute. 

It Girls   - I might make an appearance at the beginning of the video.  I am pretty mean to my student, I feel a little bad about it. 

Camera that makes you look pretty - I just love the guys in the movie.  They are totally making fun of the girls in their class, and do an incredible job pointing out their silliness.


love! Erica

1 comment:

  1. The Ducks have had an exciting series. The first of Game 2 was intense, and then to see them comeback and net 3 in the 3rd was amazing. Since I'm at work, I have to listen to game 3 on the club radio.

    ReplyDelete