Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Not Necessarily But Yes Part 2

While I was in Maui this summer, I went on a tour with the world's strangest tour guide, Roy.  He drove us all around Maui on the road to Hana.  If you find yourself on Maui, take this trip, it is beautiful.  Also have a tour guide, those roads are scary and you probably will die or get into a huge fight with your travel companions if you try and drive it yourself. 

While we were touring Roy was asked if eating poisonous flowers would kill a person.  Roy's answer was "Not necessarily, but yes."  Excuse me?  How can it be both?  I loved his answer and it quickly became a running joke in my family.  Do I have to clean my room? Not necessarily, but yes.  Do you love me?  Not necessarily, but yes.  Do I have to do it right now?  Not necessarily, but yes. 

As I wrote about yesterday, I have had some big life changes this week.  I mean it isn't everyday you buy a new home right?  I started to think more about it and it seems like this is a very adult thing to do.  However, when I ask myself if I am an adult the resounding answer is, "Not necessarily, but yes."

I have a professional job, I pay my own bills, I now own a home, I care for a teenager girl, in many ways I am an adult.  I also am often mistaken for 21 (or a high school student), I prefer running around in the sunshine, and I have a pass to Disneyland, not quit adult behavior.  

 I went through my instagram recently and I realized that as hard as I may try I still live quite the childish life.  Enjoy the randomness that I enjoy on a regular basis. 
The plastic green frog coffee cup I actually use at work.  It was a beautiful gift from a student. 
I still get sheets of school pictures every year.  I handed them out to my students, like they cared. 
I own a pillow pet.
I enjoy a good doodle declaring undying love for Thor.


I could keep going on about how I may look like a grown up on the outside but really I am fighting it with all I have.  I hope you stay forever young too, cause dang it it is fun!


2 comments:

  1. haha this is a cute post - hey, I truly think it doesn't matter how old you get and how "adult-ish" you become, there's ALWAYS room for a child deep inside of that personality. lol. it's what makes people FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute post! I enjoyed reading it!
    I just came across your blog!! Excited to now be following!!

    I look forward to keeping up!!

    xo
    Christina
    pieceitalltogetherx3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete