Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Three Dollar Theater

One of my new favorite places in the world is the Three Dollar Theater in Brea.  It is actually what it sounds like a movie theater that only costs $3.  Of course the theater shows older movies.  I love when a movie comes out and I want to see them but not enough to pay full price for them.  As I sit and watch previews I now have many categories to place them in; see it in the theater the day it comes out, $3 theater, redbox, and no way in heck am I going to see that junk!

The best part about the three dollar theater is that you can get a ticket, popcorn, and the best soda ever for the price of a ticket at the regular theater.  I would never turn down a movie date if someone said it was going to take place there.  

This weekend I went and saw The Internship.  You know that silly movie with Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson where they are ianterns at Google.  It was the perfect $3 movie experience.  I realized that I wore the same outfit to the theater that I wore the last time I went there to see Fast and Furious 6 (another great $3 theater movie).  I am pretty sure I will find an excuse to go to the theater anytime I am wearing this outfit from now on, just to keep the tradition going. 

True confession, this is not my pool. I just wanted a picture in this outfit so I took one at a pool at a condo complex I was looking at that day. 


Today I had to go to the dentist after work today.  I had a terrible experience at my dentist last month and I decided it was time to go back to my old dentist.  He enters the room like you are best friends and is so happy to tell you about all the dental problems that are lurking in your mouth. 

The sad news is that I have two new cavities.  The even sadder news is that apparently my mouth is not alkaline.  In other words the ph balance in my mouth is off.  Which is the strangest thing I think I have ever heard.  However, it explains why I tend ot get cavities.  I brush, flash, rinse, still wear my retainer once a week and I get a new cavity every year or so.  At least I have a reason why.  

The fix: other than get the cavity filled is to use a new toothpaste and mouthwash.  So simple!  Except that it is like 4 times as expensive as regular toothpaste.  But if it keeps the needles and drills away I am in. 

Just cause I was bored at the office. and felt you needed to see my dental records. 
Tonight I went over to my friend Meg's house to watch the season finale of the Bachelorette.  I am sorry but this year was the most boring season ever.  Sorry Des, but yo personality is just dull on camera.  Maybe cause you are a normal person, whatever the reason I am glad it is over.  I am just glad it is over.  I was surprised it was Chris in the end. Reality Steve you fooled me!  It will be nice to have my Monday nights back to normal! 

Happy Tuesday, friends!



2 comments:

  1. sorry about your mouth. is that gi paste? i have that stuff. and speaking of ruining teeth, i would love to go to a $3 theater and drink soda and eat popcorn. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruining your teeth at the $3 theater is the best!

    ReplyDelete