Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

They Got Hitched!

I wish my friends could get married every weekend!  I am telling you weddings are my jam and I would hang out at them all the time if I didn't have to buy gifts or anything like that.  Two of my close friends tied the knot this last weekend and I am going to share the day with you even though I am well aware that you probably have no idea who my friends are.  It was a beautiful, fun day so you will just love this post even if you do not know the people in the post.

#kissincozens

Adam and Laura are two of my closest friends from college.  Most of my fun college memories involve both them and I am so happy that we stayed friends for so many years.

Adam and Laura #kissincozens

One of my favorite college memories of these two came every Monday night of junior year.  For some reason Laura and I loved to watch that hit TV show 7th Heaven... and make fun of it.  She would come over to my apartment with different friends and we would watch the Camden family struggle through Jessica Biel being crazy, Ruthie getting chubby, and people killing others with a car and laugh and laugh laugh at them.  Adam had always liked Laura so he would often find ways to come over and hang out too.  It was awkward and awesome all at the same time.  Then 6 years later they started dating.

Most of the toasts and speeches at the wedding were about how Adam never gave up loving Laura and how happy everyone was that they ended up together, which was really sweet.

I was so happy to be one of Laura's bridesmaids for this joyful event. It was probably one of the most fun weddings I have ever been to which is due in large part to the fun friends they have in their lives (I am pretty sure I just gave myself a nice compliment).  I also was a small part of their engagement story which you can read about here.

I have decided to share a few tips and photos with you to help make any wedding you attend even more joyful and amazing.

1. Do not assume you can be a wedding photographer just because you are a pretty Christian girl.

[caption id="attachment_1657" align="aligncenter" width="600"]#kissincozens Isn't that a lovely photo of a champagne bottle? Oh look there is a bride and groom too.[/caption]

2. Surround yourself with tall women. I am telling you Laura's bachelorette party was my happy place.  We went to a dessert champagne bar called Pop in Pasadena.  Almost all the girls were tall and my posture was exquisite for a night.

#kissincozens

3. Have BBQ or your rehearsal dinner.  Big plates of meat were on the menu with a lot of mac and cheese.  It was pretty much a dream, except trying to zip my dress up the next day proved a little more difficult than the day before.

[caption id="attachment_1662" align="aligncenter" width="600"]#kissincozens Also making eye contact with the camera is so overrated, make sure you do not do that for all the photos you can.[/caption]

4. Speaking of zippers on dresses, make sure someone is in your home when you try on an important event dress.  There is a wonderful chance I have a "friend" who tried on her bridesmaid dress a week before a wedding and was stuck in it at her house alone.  The zipper malfunctioned and she had to cut the zipper in half in order to get out of the dress.  There is also a wonderful chance my "friend's" puppy has never been more confused in her short little life.

5. If you are going to get your dress altered make sure you do it with less than a week before the wedding.  That will make the Chinese man sewing a new zipper in your dress really happy.

6. If your friend is not ready for a photo booth photo just hold a sign in front of her face and close your eyes.  The moment you will capture will be magical.

[caption id="attachment_1651" align="aligncenter" width="600"]#kissincozens It also helps if you call yourself amazing in said photo.[/caption]

7.  Keep those lyrics to the theme song from The Fresh Prince of BelAir fresh in your mind.  You never know when you and the best man will be rapping this on the dance floor for anyone who is around.  You don't want to look like a fool and forget the lyrics.

8. Find funny people and hang out with them.  You will laugh your face off. Don't be too jealous, I hung out with Joe Machi who is on Last Comic Standing this season (it starts tonight and you should watch it!)  Not every wedding will have a Joe Machi, so just try your best to find someone that will make you laugh so hard you ruin most of your photo booth photos.

#kissincozens

 

9. Don't notice any of the little details that brides spend hours, days, and months planning, it will make them feel so good.  Just kidding!  Pay attention to those things!  I was a terrible wedding photographer, see #1, and barely took any pictures.  My friend and fellow Bridesmaid, Meg at Henning Love, did a great job capturing the decor and lovely features of this wedding for any of you looking for inspiration or a wedding recap does not provide all these helpful tips.

[caption id="attachment_1666" align="aligncenter" width="600"]2 bloggers in one wedding! 2 bloggers in one wedding![/caption]

Congrats Adam and Laura!  I am so happy for you two and I cannot wait to see what amazing things you are going to do together!  Love you both!

 

15 comments:

  1. i love when weddings are just big parties because that is how it should be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats such a cute story that they have known each other for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a super sweet story about the bride and groom. And you shared some great (and funny!) advice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. why do i look pissed in that photo of them at the reception table and the champagne bottle?? was the wedding not fun enough? apparently not because my face says it all

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also I know you had fun! I was there to vouch for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shoot! I am sorry, do you want me to crop it? I didn't even look beyond the terrible photo of champagne and a lovely photo of A and L

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha great tips..your photography skills look like mine!! :) i guess no one will be booking us for a wedding anytime soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no it is ok :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like it was a fabulous wedding! I'm like you- I love weddings. Especially when it's for my close friends. I love how it's just one big reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you thank you! They are some great people!

    ReplyDelete
  11. it is so cute! I am super happy for them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. exactly! It was so fun! Mission accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  13. we should start a photography biz.... it could be ironic or something.

    ReplyDelete
  14. […] the summer, because he got married to one of my best friends in May.  I wrote about their wedding here in case you missed […]

    ReplyDelete