Pages

Monday, May 5, 2014

6 Ways to Get Retweeted

I was so touched by your sweet comments yesterday about my taking a little step back from blogging for May.  You all were so sweet it made my day!  As I promised I am sticking with Listed Tuesdays and today I am bringing you something no one asked me to do a how to about.

Six Ways to Get Retweeted by Celebrities


Retweeted

1. Be A Dog - I tell you people love dogs and celebrities are people so dogs get a ton of celebrity retweets.  Penny is still looking for her big break. I have a feeling Zooey Deschanel will be the one to come through for her though.  That girl loves her pups.

Example:

Penny The Puppy loves watching @zooeydeschanel in New Girl and wishes she lived in the loft with all that awesomeness.

Penny The Puppy

2. Be Ellen DeGeneres - I mean come on.  If you do not know about her Oscar selfie retweet, you were probably in a coma, but even coma patients who woke up recently know about this selfie.

Example:

https://twitter.com/TheEllenShow/status/440322224407314432

3. Be a Hottie - Proven fact people who are hot or think they are hot are retweeted more than people who do not think they are hot.

4. Be On The Verge of a Breakdown - You need to make it clear that if so and so does not retweet your desperate attempt of twitter connection you will probably die of distress.  Also include your marital status and number of dependents you care for.  And of course include the words, "Can I get a RT?"

Example:

"ILY @leodicaprio!  Can a single mom of six get a RT?  I work 60 hours a week at Walmart and a RT from you will give me the will to live."

5. Be Relentless - If at first you don't succeed keep on trying again and again.  Only stop when twitter shuts your account down for the third time.

Example:

@annakendrick47 I know you have reported all 534 of my tweets to you and my twitter account was disabled, but If you RT me I will leave you alone forever.

6. Be All Things - If none of these work I suggest you just combine them all together for a be all and end all of all tweet.

Example:

@zoeydeschanel @annakendrick47@leodicaprio can Penny get a RT. She is so sad and depressed you have not respond to her 9869 other tweets. @TheEllenshow said you should.

Penny The Puppy

Don't Forget to link up your Listed Tuesday Posts!
Erica Jacquline




Please join me for Listed Tuesday and make sure to check off each item on the list below:
- Follow Erica Jacquline on Bloglovin (It is only polite)
- Write a post about anything you want that includes a list of sorts
- Add the Listed Button to your post
- Come by Erica Jacquline on Tuesdays and add your link
- Read other posts, comment, and make new friends
- Shower, rinse, repeat each week





35 comments:

  1. HAHAHA these are cracking me up, and SO true

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA. One time a few years ago I tweeted at Ben Savage telling him I was going to tweet at him so many times he would notice me and want to marry me. He replied with "Stranger things have happened ;)" I'm assuming the winky face means we are totally getting hitched.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha love the last one! and any of my blog posts, tweets, instagrams, etc that include my dogs are way more popular than ones without the dogs ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha my favorite tip is to be relentless. thats great

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've gotten Kleenex to retweet me by using number 4. Nothing spells desperate like an empty Kleenex box.

    And The Bloggess (blogger and writer) retweeted and then followed me and Ellen DeGeneres follows her so that's basically like number 2.

    http://mylowercaselife.blogspot.com/2014/05/5-ways-to-make-money-disappear.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely clicked on this today thinking I would learn something, and look at that I did, now I just need to find a puppy somewhere....

    ReplyDelete
  7. just stalk and stalk and beg for shout outs! duh

    ReplyDelete
  8. LMAO! I always feel like im talking to myself on twitter but im not that obsessed yet

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahah these had me cracking up at my desk at work, oops! Worth it! Looks like I need to get me a puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd retweet this entire post word by word if I can. RT if you agree with me! ;) When in doubt, go all out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Be a dog is a good one. People love their dogs. And I've noticed how many people love you and your dog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahahaa well, Penny is a hottie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Warner definitely finds this helpful. He's been trying to get a retweet from Clay Matthews and JJ Watt for months! (So has his mommy. But that's neither here nor there)

    ReplyDelete
  14. hahahahahahaha! If only I was hottie #sedlyfe

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks! I had fun analyzing all the trends :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Try try try again, until you get a restraining order.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Somethings about dogs wins people over. I am thinking of putting a photo of Penny on my resume and seeing where that gets me!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Not sure it is very informational, but puppies do bring the people.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks girl! I love making people laugh at work.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Twitter, It gets better, but if none likes a tweet I pretty much always want to delete it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Right? The things that get retweeted are just silly.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks! If only I kept it to 140 characters.

    ReplyDelete
  23. HAHAH! I feel like if you bring your dog into it you deserve a RT instantly. Best of luck to ya both!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks girl1 We try and make the world a better place. Really she is the one I spend too much time with and then take too many pictures of and write too much about. Maybe I will make more friends this summer! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The Ellen one is so true! That photo was everywhere for the longest time!


    http://everydayingrace.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  26. hahaha omgosh I love this! Hope the end of school is going great for you girl! I know you've got tons to do

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just read your guest post over at Ember Grey and oh my gosh, this list is so incredibly funny! I've been thinking some of the same things about Twitter for a while now...especially #3. I've discovered that it's all about boobs and bacon on Twitter, neither of which I have much of. Anyway, I hope #Penny gets her big break! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ok, Penny the puppy is absolutely precious!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This post was funny lol. Thanks. :) I would love it if you would check out and maybe follow my blog on bloglovin :) www.divapinksmommyblog.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete