Pages

Friday, September 13, 2013

Friday Favs - September 13...Spooky!

When you read the nest sentence please do so with the inflection of Chandler from Friends.  Could I BE any happier it is Friday? Probably not.  I am having a wonderful love affair with the weekend these days.  I have never been so excited for time off as I have been these last few months.  (I really miss Friends having new episodes by the way.  Thank God for syndication!)


I was looking through my old posts this week, getting ready for a guest post, and I came across a little Feature I used to do called "Friday Faves."  Sometimes I like to share some of the best things I found in the week, a tune that I can not stop listening to, a movie I loved, food I am obsessed with, a book I couldn't put down.... You get the gist.  I love to share these things with you but I do not always feel like dedicating a whole post to one product, show, movie etc.  Unless it is about The Great Gatsby.  I could talk about that for days.  DAYS!


With that intro out of the way I present to you Everything Erica Loves Friday Favs!
 
 
 
Once Upon A Time 

source




I love my Netflix account.  Actually, in the spirit of full disclosure, I love my mom's Netflix account.  Sharing is caring in my family.  One of the things I love most about Netflix is that I can sit on my couch for two days and watch an entire season of a TV show in 2 days.  I believe this is what the founding fathers had in mind when they created America, and I am really glad I am living up to the dream for the world. 


I was addicted to Once Upon A Time this last weekend.  It is such a creative show.  Maybe it is the English teacher in me, but I loved the creative use of old stories that we all know and the innovation of making something new out of it.  Go watch it!  I have convinced May to watch it and now she is in the same downward spiral I was in last week.  The good news is I have been there and survived so I can help her with her new addiction. 
 
Keith Urban
I am loving Keith's new CD.  I was a little bit on the fence about him the last few years, but he won me over again.  I randomly get XM radio a few days a year and it came back in time for me to listen to Keith talk about his career and new album.  I just had to buy Fuse when it came out after that.  I am a firm believer that if you know some one's story you are 100000% more likely to like them and their work.  
 
 
 
Paying for Things With Coins and Animal Print
Last night I got home a little later than usual for a school night.  I hadn't eaten a ton during the day and I was really hungry.  I live dangerously close to a Del Taco, so I went through the drive through and ordered a 50 cent burrito.  I then paid for it in nickels and pennies, just because I am classy klassy like that.  




You can kind of see my other favorite thing, my new leopard print skirt.  I had an extreme aversion to animal print.  In fact I thought it was weird to be a human wearing animal print.  I just could not wrap my mind around it.  This last year I have been slowly converting to the trend.  Some of my friends at work wear it and look so dang good that I decided to hop on board the wild kingdom train.  I am pretty proud of myself and I am afraid I might be an addict.



Friendships
On Tuesday I wrote a short post about my friends who lost their father this week, read it here.  They have had one heck of a week and are just exhausted and worn down.  They called me yesterday and asked me to make them dinner.  I had already offered and I was up for the task.  A few hours later they let me know someone had pizza delivered to their house and I didn't need to cook.  They still asked me to come over and bring my "positive vibes."  I was more than happy to do this.  I love this family and if the way I can show them my love is to be a silly fool to help take their mind off of things for a few hours then I am happy to do so.  
 
I was just reminded about how beautiful our friendships can be with people.  I am so blessed to have such great connections in my life. I want to be a better friend towards others and let them be a good friend for me.  I think a lot of our 20s is spent trying to find our place in the world and it can be a little, or a lot, egocentric, which is OK.  I think though that anytime you find your place in the world with others that you can pour love into you are on the right path.


In summation, this week I love Once Upon A Time, Keith Urban, pennies, animal print, and friends.  There is nothing cohesive about this post and I like it like that!


Now of to work and a wild weekend at Raging Waters with some crazy teenagers.  

Side Note: I have to take my students to camp for a few days next week and I will not be writing.  If you feel like you would love to guest post over here next week let me know.  I would love some fresh voices here!  Also if you ever need a guest writer I love writing for others, especially with a topic.  I know it is weird, but I love rising to a new occasion!
 
I was inducted as a member of the pillow pet people last year at camp.  Cant wait to see what awaits me this year!
 
Happy Friday and try and avoid the crazies out there.  It is Friday the 13th after all!.





 photo Signature_zps032dabba.png

2 comments:

  1. While I loved Season One of "Once Upon A Time", I wasn't as impressed by Season Two. I'm not sure if the newness had worn off, or what. I'm hoping Season Three goes better. Maybe the two complete half seasons will help.

    Are you excited about "Once Upon A Time In Wonderland"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your skirt!! Yea I am not into the animal print trend but there are some very cute things for sure

    ReplyDelete