Pages

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Liebester

Welp, it appears I cannot get away from this Libester Award deal and I felt like i should honor the fact that some wonderful people have been kind enough to include me in their nominations.   My most recent nod came from carrie over at Huggies and Heels. Below you will find my answers to her questions and my list of nominees and their questions.  I figure it is good to give back and interact with the blog community so here goes! 



1. If you could meet one celebrity, who would you choose and why?
This is the easiest question ever!  I would meet Thor!  I have a deep undying love for Thor, not the actor who plays Thor, just Thor.  I know it is weird, but good Lord, I like that man. Maybe it is the accent, the hair, that bod, the way he works a hammer, or all of it tied together, but I am sure I would be happy to marry him. Read about my love here.  

I actually would like to meet Mindy Kaling or Amy Phoeler, I am sure we are meant to be best friends. 

2. What is the best vacation you've ever been on?
By far my best vacation was my trip to Europe in 2009.  I went with my mom for three weeks to 6 different countries.  We had a wonderful time there and only got in one fight that I remember.  I called her dumb for crossing the street without looking.  It was wonderful.  Other than that it was so great to see such beautiful history and learn about so many different cultures.  We visited, the Chez Republic, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, France and England.  If you ever get the change to travel with your parents I say do it.  Yes it is a little slower and No you will not get blackout drunk, but you will remember it and sleep in comfortable rooms not hostels.  

The Gazebo from the Sound of Music. 



3. Where did you meet your significant other?
I meet Thor when he came from the heavens and swept me off my feet.  Actually I am still waiting for that guy to come into my life.  He will and it will be amazing.  Until then I am happy living my life and loving those who are in it. 

4. What is your favorite memory?
i do not even know how to answer this.  I have many that come to mind, but I also have a thought that I have yet to live my favorite memory.  It is a strange place to be. 

5. What is your favorite way to waste time?
Watching TV.  It is really terrible, but I can just sit in my living room for hours and watch episode after episode of a TV series on Netflix.  Recently I watched Once Upon a Time, that show is legit. 

6. If you could live anywhere, where would you choose?
Oh man this is tough.  I have been loving the idea of being in a tropical local lately.  I love my summer wardrobe and i look fantastic in a tan.  I also have been very drawn to culturally rich places.  Places where you can go to top notch theater or sporting events, or get out and do something almost every day.  In many ways California offers that, but I want the warmth that people have outside of California.  I hear Chicago is great.  Maybe Chicago.

7. What is your favorite blog post? Link to it so we can all read!
I really liked my post Lies I Tell My Students.  Unfortunately they found the post and they know my lying ways now. I guess it is better this way though.

8. What was your last New Years Resolution? Did you keep it?
I think it was something along the lines of Be happy with the life you have right now.  I have got to say that I have been doing better at this this year.  It could also have been Start a blog in which case I am rocking that NYR. 

9. What is your one, can't live without, beauty product?
My Enjoy shampoo and conditioner.  I have been investing in quality products lately and this is by far the one I love the most.  It has transformed my hair.  I figured if I am paying a lot to get my hair highlighted every few months it would be worth it to invest in good shampoo.  I was right. 

10.What is your favorite book?
Oh come on!  As a former English teacher I have many favorite books.  All my kids became frustrated because every book we read was my favorite book. I will move beyond my cliche answer of Gatsby or Jane Eyre and say Harry Potter.  I am telling you I loved these books and have been thinking about reading them again.  They are so delightful. 

11. If you could live in any era, which would you choose and why?
 I think there is a lot to be said about leanring from the past and I would love to have been alive to see many things in history, Lincoln's presidency, Jesus, ya know the big ones.  I will say that I am living in the right time though.  I know that women not being seen as equal to men would have been a huge issue for me.  I would not have handled this type of world well and I am grateful that i was born in a time where more people believe this is true, or at least society pretends like it is more than every before. 

Next things next, I would like to nominate the following blogs:
Rachel at Sandals are Better Than Shoes
Brittany at Blissful Britt
Meghan at They Call Her Meghan
Taylor at Our Fairy Tale
Shannon at Smile and Write
Brittany at Created
Hillary at The Drastic Fantastic
Rachel at Floral and Fudge
Ashley at Life on Parson Farms
And anyone else who doesn't have 200 followers that wants to answer the questions below!
Questions:
1. What are you most grateful for today?
2. What is your "go to movie" on a sick day or just need to get away from the world day?
3.  What is one item on your bucket list?
4. What is your favorite blog post with a link?
5. What would you do today if you had no responsibilities to fulfill?
6. What do you want to be when you grow up?
7. Who has made the greatest impact on your life?
8.  Why did you start blogging?
9.  What song is currently on repeat on your itunes?
10.  What is your favorite color?
11. What has been the best advice someone has given you?
 photo Signature_zps032dabba.png

2 comments:

  1. Loved reading your answers! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember getting this award one time - it was fun! hey, if you're ever interested in swapping out buttons let me know!

    ReplyDelete