Pages

Sunday, September 15, 2013

And A Great Time Was Had By All...Except That Dad At Target



This weekend can be summed up in just a few words: Non-stop fun!  I am telling you if you have been bored with your life or are seeking a little time to remember your high school days have a foreign exchange student move into your house and hang out with her over the weekend.  Your life will be rocked. 

This weekend May, the awesome student who lives with me had a couple friends over for the weekend.  The first night they came over I broke the fan that is in the hallway and we headed over to Target to replace it.  On the way we started to talk about Monsters University and decided to go see it that night at the. Instead of buying a new fan we just went to Brea and had a great time at the Three Dollar Theater instead. 

May, Esmi, Arturo, and Me.  May's friends are Chinese but grew up in Spain.  Hows that for amazing!?
I have a deep love for the greatness that is this soda machine.  Sometimes it is all I can talk about. 
How cute is Monster's University by the way?  I am pretty sure I need to show it to all my seniors to give them a realistic perception of what college will be like. 

The next morning I woke them up early to make pumpkin pancakes and get ready for our day at the water park. 

May loved Monsters U so much she makes her breakfast foods look like Mike Wazowski. 
I had been telling May about the greatness that is the water park by our house for a month.  I finally convinced her that we needed to go and have a wonderful day in the sun and water.  I was supposed to have a friend with me, but she ended up having family obligations.  That did not deter me from having the time of my life in the wave pool and lazy river.  The water slides were crazy though.  About half the skin on my right elbow now belongs to the ride called the Bermuda Triangle.  I am convinced adults are not meant for this stuff, but I refuse to give up.






About halfway through the day I said good bye to the kids and chilled on my own.  It was glorious.  I found a chair, parked it under a water slide that would drip on me, read a book and took a nap.  Really growing up is great.  I had fun doing the kid things and loved just chilling too.

What summer activity is complete without a frozen treat?  We stopped by Golden Spoon for a sweet treat.  I have now 100% confirmed that I am incapable of eating dessert.  For the second weekend in a row I had a migraine the day after I had a small dessert.  I am of course heartbroken, but I will cope.




Today was a much more chill day.  I just ran errands and started to pack up my apartment because I am moving into my new place in a week! 

I have one little rant I need to get off my chest before I call it a day.  While at Target I was witness to some really terrible parenting.  I was going to the check out line and was stepping into a newly opened checkout line.  A man was there before me and then I was next.  Before I knew it the man pictured below walked right in front of me and his two teenage kids hesitantly followed behind him.

One of his kids said something about how he cut in front of me.  Then the dad looked right at me and said, "Five people cut in front of me in the other line, I deserve to cut in front of her."


I am by far one of the least confrontational people ever and I did not feel like it was worth the fight.  Really, it was just a line in Target.  I could have cared less if he went before me.  The part of this whole exchange that bothered me the most was that his children knew what what right and wrong and when they confronted him on it, he essentially told them to through making the right choices out the window.

I had a long tirade about how parents are the greatest reflection of what a functional adult in the world could look like, but I felt it was a little preachy for a lady without children.  I will simply say, parents you are the greatest refection to your kids of how to be a moral, good, contributing member to society.  Please act like, even when five people cut in front of you in line.  By the way, how does that even happen?

And now I will take a step off my soap box, but I will keep it close by in case I run into you again sir. I hope you had a great weekend and found a way to live like a kid and avoided the grumpy man at Target.




2 comments:

  1. You can't eat dessert?!? Oh my gosh...I am so sad for you! :)

    May and her friends look excited to get their picture taken haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkin pancake mi. I need to go to Traders Joe this weekend.

    I am so sad that I didn't make it to a water park this summer :(

    ReplyDelete