Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Dispicable May!

Hey folks!  I am up at camp so I thought I would bring you an interview with May, the student who lives with me.  She is 100% awesome and one of a kind.  She is really a great girl and I am happy to introduce her to you today!


What is your name?
May!

Where do you hail from?
Beijing, (her dad actually engineered part of the opening ceremony in 2008.)

What are some of your favorite things?
YELLOW! 
Blake Griffin
My Family 
Mom T (that's me!)
My Twin
My friends
Spongebob

That time we went to see the Clippers. 

What is your favorite subject in school?
PE, because I like to be outside. 

What is your least favorite subject in school?
History, because it is too hard to remember all the dates and events. 

How long have you lived here?
3 years

Why did you come to study in America?
My parents asked me if I wanted to because a family friend of ours was here.  I said that sounded like a good idea so I came here. 

What was the hardest part about living in America and how did you overcome that challenge?
Knowing the language was the hardest part.  It is hard to practice English because most of us are afraid we have an accent and others will make fun of us.  You have to get over it and realize that everyone has an accent and just keep speaking English as much as you can. 

What is your favorite food to eat in America?
In-N-Out (Which is great cause that was what she got for dinner tonight)

What do you miss most about China?
The food!  All the food my mom and dad make.  

She acts like she hasn't eaten in 12 years!

What has been your favorite part of living in America?
Moving in with Mom T last year (I almost cried!)
Playing basketball for the school this year. 

Some girls on the Basketball team at awards night last year. 

What has been the weirdest thing Mom T has done since you have lived with her?
We did this thing called Sunday Challenges for a few months.  One of us would pick a fitness challenge and then we would compete to see who was the best.  Once time I picked jump roping.  Mom T came into my room and started to jump with a pretend jump rope, and told me to get ready cause she was going to win.  It was crazy!  I actually beat her that week!

What type of music do you like the most?
I love the song from Pirates of the Caribbean


What is your new favorite country song, cause Lord knows Mom T loves her country rockin'!
Catfish dinner!!  I love it when the song comes on the radio and Mom T sings along.  It is so fun.


What is your dream job?  What would you most like to do when you grow up?

Live in a pineapple under the sea with Spongebob and Patrick. 
Source
If that can't happen I want to own my own shoe factory and make amazing shoes. 

It is true homegirl loves her shoes, especially her Jordan's. 

What is your favorite quote?
"Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration." - Thomas Edison

In a world where people are trying very hard not to stand out and really want to look the same I am amazed at your uniqueness.  You are one of a kind.  Why do you think this is?
I think it is because my parents.  They wanted to raise me to be independent and be my own person.  They always encouraged me to do what I like and to have a lot of different experiences.  For example I flew on a plane by myself when I was 6 years old.  

There you have it folks, my sweet May!  Hope you enjoyed our little interview and I hope it helped to shed some light on what many of the students I teach are like.  If you have any follow up questions I know May would love to answer them. 

Using the Disney pass I talked her into buying!

By the way she has assumed that she is going to be famous from this post and be offered many writing contracts.  I of course will be her manager, so please send all job offers through me. 


 photo Signature_zps032dabba.png

No comments:

Post a Comment