Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

I Really Want To Lose Three Pounds

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="500"] via[/caption]

So I really want to lose three pounds and then ten more pounds. I know that I am not overweight and without disclosing my weight I will say that I am in the healthy range for my height.   Usually I am not  even worried about my weight that much, most days.  I will say that a few years ago I was in a car accident and had a strange weird emotionally draining breakup and I gained 3 + 10 pounds and just have not shaken it off.  I will lose like five pounds here and there and then eat like a crazy lady for a weekend and end up where I started.

I have been thinking a lot about health and our bodies and the reality of this body being the only one I have for the rest of my life really sank in.  I want to be fit and like all parts of who I am for as long as I can.  So I am committed to working out as much as I can.  I joined Erin's #1800minuteschallenge and I have cut all sugar out of my diet and I feel really good so far.

Mostly I want to lose the 10 + 3 pounds so that I can do the things I have been not doing because I am not a fan of the number on the scale.

Here is my list of things I am excited to do in a couple months and continue doing as I maintain the weight and lifestyle I want.

- Go to the doctor _ I hate when they weigh you and then judge you!  - Go to the chiropractor - They have to touch you when they adjust you, and I want my back to be solid muscle!
-  Go to Group X classes at my gym - I want to be the girl who looks like she could be leading the class, not the one who "clearly needs to be there"
- Go on Healthy Eating/Living retreats or workshops - Like the one above I want to look like the person who already practices these things and just needs more help, not the person just starting out. I really would love to go to the Tone It Up Retreat here in California, just kidding it is sold out.
- Not instantly look at my tummy to see if the camera caught a bad angle and I look 3 months pregnant.
- Know that if some chump asks me if I am pregnant it is because of my beautiful healthy glow, not because I ate In n Out for dinner all week.
- Have confidence when students tell me I look skinny it is true and not just for extra credit.
- To feel even better about myself.
- To be an example for the girls living in my house this school year to be healthy and value who you are.
- Rock a bikini this summer cause I never want to leave the pool and the beach.
- So I do not have to crash diet before a vacation, like the one I am going on this weekend to Vegas.
- So I will take more fashion photos and pretend like I am a fashion blogger!

[caption id="attachment_1200" align="aligncenter" width="600"]Asian fashion blogger at Open House. Asian fashion blogger at Open House.[/caption]

So friends, let me know how I can help you and please feel free to pass along any workout routines, recipies, and encouragements you can muster!  I use My Fitness Pal and am always looking for more people to team up with and encourage my username is ericajt.

Just a disclaimer, I do not plan to post weekly about this or turn my blog into a fitness/health blog. I still plan to bring the sass and silliness on a regular basis, but wanted to share where I am at on this topic today.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="600"]Erica Jacquline This picture totally does not apply, but it makes me laugh. I had a party for a student at my house and then when I came out to sing happy birthday she was missing, this was my face. (I did not eat any of that cake!)[/caption]

26 comments:

  1. You might look into dietbet - it's a social support system where you pledge to lose 4% in a month (or 10% in 6 if you need that) and put a little money in the pot. Everyone in your group who does lose, divides the pot (so social and financial accountability!) It's a good way to jump start some healthier habits - although it sounds like you have a lot of internal motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is me. i lose weight and then gain it right back. such a struggle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say the same thing! I have been using MFP for 91 days (I love the streak it tells you at the top) and am in the last week of my DietBet! It makes me think twice about everything I eat. Also, GymPact keeps me working out/going to the gym!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I literally am the same way! I'm 11lbs away from my "goal" weight and everyone says I'm great, but I partly want to do it just so I can feel like I reached my goal

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too have been focusing on what I have been putting in my mouth lately. I want to lose some weight for summer and keep it off forever! And not feel like when something special comes up that I have to quick lose so many pounds. Impressive job you are doing on the no sugar thing. I really should join you but it is so so hard. One of these days I'll have to suck it up and just do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great to have goals and work toward them! I have no doubts that you'll succeed, pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you want to lose weight to better yourself. It is hard to mentally push yourself to workout/eat healthy. I always post some sort of new workout challenge or workout routine I have found online or something I have drafted myself. You are welcome to check those out on my blog. Just keep eating healthy and always remind yourself of the goal you want to reach.

    ReplyDelete
  8. good luck with the 10+3 cutting sugar out will be a big help!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in the same boat. I want to lose about 10 pounds. I lose some weight then the scale goes right back to where it was like you. I guess I need to join myfitnesspal and stop slacking. I can eat really good during the week but I get caught up in the sugar and thats what gets me in trouble. Need to cut that out quick. I really want to wear a bikini and not look pregnant as well. Well I won't look pregnant...I'll just look plain fat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck! Just don't eat any Caltene bars. And no cake. Think of your butt. Your butt is a lot happier without cake. If you are tempted to eat cake, just send it to Tennessee. I'll eat it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am right there with ya on the 3 + 10 pounds. Although I know I'm not huge, I would love to be just a bit smaller. I have had a "pouch" my entire life, and no matter how hard I work it just won't go away. I am determined!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes I have heard of that! i think I could get my work friends to do it this summer. They always like to lose weight then. Thanks for the encouragement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is hard, after the first week or so it is surprisingly easier!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You got it girl! I will encourage you :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seriously! Why why why! I think we should only have to lose it once!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is awesome! I think the accountability is huge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I will be looking at your blog for sure! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well thank you lovely! I appreciate you encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is hard man, but I got your back girl!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much! Your workouts are great by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You've got this!!!!!!! I am doing the 1800 minute challenge too - we could be accountability buddies :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. yay! That would be great! I am excited to keep in the habit for two months hopefully!

    ReplyDelete