Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2014

#PennyThePuppyLovesMe

Have you ever just had a week?  You know the kind that needed to end the moment it started?  Well that was my week this week.  I do not want to bore you with the details and I do not want to be that vague complainer person either.  I am just glad to have a few days off of work it has been really stressful and it looks like it will stay that way as the school year draws closer to an end.  #threemoremonths

This week I was struck by how important it is to be kind to others.  I like to think I am a kind person and try hard to make life better for those I am in contact with.  When a few people took a few moments to say something kind or encouraging to me this week it meant a lot to me.  It actually was what kept me going through my days and helped me not get in my car, drive home, and go to bed for the rest of the week.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="500"] via[/caption]

Penny has also had a rough week.  She has been a cone head for a week now and I can tell it is getting to her breaking point.  Her ears are itchy, she wants to chew on everything, and she is so hyper I am worried she will rip out her staples.

[caption id="attachment_992" align="aligncenter" width="600"]So cute, but I know she is ready for the cone of shame to be no more. So cute, but I know she is ready for the cone of shame to be no more.[/caption]

Because we can all use some kindness and some happy thoughts on a regular basis, and because Penny is bored at home all day (she could never be a stay at home mom by the way) we want to do some thing kind of kooky and spread some joy to you.

We want to send you a postcard. I will not tell you what the postcard will say or whose picture will be on it.  All I will tell yo is that we think it is fun to get real mail and we want to brighten up some days.  I have also found that when I am not my best doing things for others helps me feel good too.

If you do not want to participate in this totally weird blogging experiment don't.  If you are up for it here is what we want you to do.

- Send an email to us with your address (use a PO Box if you want, I genuinely have no time or money to travel to find out where you really live).
- Email at ericajacquline@gmail.com by Sunday night.
- Wait a week to receive your real mail (it will be our weekend project over here).
- When you receive your mail take a picture of it for instagram, twitter, or your blog #PennyThePuppyLovesMe Just kidding that is a weird hashtag.  Actually I can not think of another one so just use that.

#pennythepuppyloveme
- You can even link up your treats in a post on Monday March 17th.
- Think of something you can do to be kind to others to help spread some love around, I am sure lots of people need a little extra love all the time.

Please email me your address! I promise Penny's poop will in no way be apart of your real mail. Lets see what we can do to show some love!

 

26 comments:

  1. Love love love this! :) Random acts of kindness are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh but penny is so presh in her cone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny and her bows is seriously just the cutest thing! Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, that is such a sweet idea. And I hope Penny has a speedy recovery. Poor thing, wearing the cone of shame. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute idea! I'm going to be emailing you!!!!


    And it's been a week- you're right. For me it hasn't really been bad, just looooong. Yay for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. stupid cones. I hate them.


    I thought about doing this a couple weeks ago but just a note from me, way to step it up and include the dog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh what a fun idea! love it. i will email you - is there going to be a return address to send something back to Penny? ;)

    xo. jenn @ hello, rigby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always appreciate your trying to "be light instead of heavy!" You are a great example that remaining positive can not only affect yourself but help the others around you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. She really is! She has been really good about it actually, she is a trooper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Right! I am using this whole weekend to do things for others and clean my house (I guess that is for me but it feels good)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks! I am looking forward to her getting it off next week. I tried to tell her it was just for a few more days, She said she can handle that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks girl! The bows lasted less than a day, just long enough to take cute pictures to use for my blog for like a month.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much friend!! Gotta chose joy whenever you can :) PS I made cooked for everyone at work this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw you should it is fun! Is CJ still in a cone too?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! Sorry you had such a long week. I swear March is always a hard one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a great idea! I think Penny is adorable in her cone, but I'm sorry she had to deal with it :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. She is soooo darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. aww this is such a cute idea. and there is nothing more pathetic than a dog in the cone of shame ha. hopefully she'll be done with it soon. and my week was bad too, so i'm hoping this week will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aw she has been busy writing this weekend. She has one done. It take a long time for her to figure out what she is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. yay! of course there will be a return address :) Hi rigby!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Maybe there was something in the water last week. Hope you week is better too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. he is :( 2 more weeks and we will be cone free :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. […] Munchkin Mansion next month.  Look for your invite in the mail. Speaking of mail I am sending out Penny’s post cards this week!  Keep your eyes […]

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm so behind on everything.. I have no idea if I sent you my address or not. With that being said-- you can give Penny a half of a benedryl 25mg to calm her down and ease any issues she has.

    ReplyDelete
  25. She has some tranqs. I actually gave her one last night and she relaxed like she never before. it was like heaven. And a little scary to see that ball of energy be still. Thanks friend!

    ReplyDelete